Mangapapa Church Strategic Plan for 2017
To Be Love, Light & Life
What do we mean by Love, Light and Life?
Worship = Love
What is God desiring of Mangapapa Church in terms of worship?
A Church family who
- Have Jesus Christ at the centre of His Church, our highest priority
- Worship in Spirit and in Truth.
- Abide in Christ and bear fruit
- Have expectant prepared hearts to participate and respond in worship, by the Holy Spirit
- Recognise God's 'Haere mai' 'Welcome' to all and are thankful for God’s goodness and have hope for the future
- Express diversity in celebration, aware that we are one in the bonds of God’s love
- Honour the sacraments of Communion and Baptism
- Where people respond to the spoken word of God, by the Holy Spirit, and are lead to repentance - to turn around.
- Focus on Christ and what he accomplished
- Follow Biblical discipline and reconciliation processes
- Hold the Bible as the inspired word of God
- Teach disciples to abide in Christ
- Share their stories to build up the Church body
- Relevant and responsive to real life issues
Witness = Light
What is God desiring of Mangapapa Church in terms of witness?
What is it about our experience of Jesus Christ that this community cannot do without?
A Church family who
- Follow Jesus Christ our Shepherd
- Encourage the Church body to be inward and outward looking, always exhibiting love
- Have His vibrant Light that radiates out
- Are welcoming and accepting of all people
- Intentionally and boldly witness the Christian way of life
- Function in unity as a Church body, showing integrity, wholesomeness and fun
- Are a faithful witness to the truth of Jesus Christ
- Proclaims a clear, Biblical, salvation message
- Support people to witness in all their environments (eg workplaces etc)
- Proactively reaching into and engaging the community
- Recognise community connection points and needs
- Have a support system which encourages evangelistic efforts –personal and corporate
- Each person can explain their faith and bring conversations around to God
- Grows in Holy Spirit power – miracles, healing!
- Show consistent Christian faith in action in our daily lives
- Have a culture of caring and service
- Anticipate, recognise and respond to people in need in the community with caring and real solutions
- Offer a place of refuge in time of need
- Serve together in a coordinated and planned approach
- Recognise God’s heart of justice and consistently practise it with grace and mercy
- Recognise injustice and are proactive against it
Community = Life
What is God desiring of Mangapapa Church in terms of community
A Church family who
- Love each other, by first experiencing, knowing the 'Agape Love' of the Father.
- Experience true koinonia
- Are abiding in Jesus Christ and growing in the fruit of the spirit
- Exhibit His grace
- Have strong, wide relationships overflowing into the wider community
- Are all able to experience life abundantly
- Are proactive
Gifts of the Spirit –
- Everybody participating with their gifts as vital parts of the body of Christ, the Church.
- Live with a heart of unity to show God’s glory
- Moving in faith
- The Holy Spirit is evident, shining brightly, illuminating
- Growing up in love and personal growth in Christ
- Holy Spirit dependant
- Know God’s living word and allow it to transform our lives
- Know our foundational truths
- Have a desire for wholeness
- Confessing to one another, bearing one another’s burdens
- Obedience and patience
- Correcting and speaking to each other in love and truth
- Encourage each other to stay close to God and keep growing in God to maturity
- Responsible and accountable to each other
Mangapapa Church Focus for 2015:
To bring people to Jesus and wholeness through his love, light and life
People who walk in wholeness:
- Prioritize building their abiding relationship with Jesus
- Know and apply God’s living word in their life
- Surrender their lives to Jesus, to obey his leading continually
- Are connected with others who build into their lives and faith
- Reach out to others, have an outward focus.
Mangapapa Church will bring people to wholeness through:
- A culture of “come as you are, but don’t stay that way”
- Discipleship Counselling, into an abiding relationship in Jesus Christ
- Our relationships based in and working out of the 'Agape Love' of Father, Son & Holy Spirit.